Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wedding

I got married on July 19th. It was an amazing day. Just about everyone made it. We didn't have a drop of rain and barely a breeze. It was overcast so it wasn't unberably hot. The dog didn't bark and the birds were quiet for a change. No body got overly carried away. Basically it went off without a hitch. But now I think I'm suffering from PPD. I sit at home and have nothing to plan, nothing to make, no one to call about things, no ideas to look for, nothing to decorate. All that is left is a mess to clean up. It's kinda depressing. I also have various regrets popping into my head now. I forgot to put the fake rose petals on the aisle. I didn't hug my dad at the end of the aisle (that really bothers me). I should have gotten a better tan (it looks like I have a serious farmers tan in the pictures). I should have worked out more 'cause I kinda look like a tent (white and strapless just do not work for me!). I should have danced with my new husband whether we had an "official dance" or not. I should have made an announcement about the fireworks we had after because maybe more people would have stayed for them. There are a few pictures I wanted the photographers to take that I forgot about. I don't think everyone got a tour of the house. And the list kinda goes on and on. And there really isn't anything I can do. It's over and it won't ever happen again and that's just the way it is. That was my day and now it's over so I should just be happy I ever got it at all 'cause some people never do. God I'm getting soft in my old age! Imagine what I'll be like at 35!

1 comment:

  1. I think it went really well and you looked great.

    ReplyDelete