Friday, June 26, 2009

I DID IT!

Well, I finally sucked it up and went for my first blood test ever yesterday. First of all, I am absolutely terrified of needles! I know, you're like, oh, whatever, needles are nothing. Yes, I realize they are nothing but just the thought of them sends me into a cold sweat. If I wanted to be used to stabbing pieces of metal into my flesh I would have been a heroine addict!

First they sit you in a cubicle (yeah, not even a room). I had an older lady and it went something like this:

Nurse - "How are you today?"
me - "Terrified"
Nurse - "Oh really, no worries, it's just a pinch."
me - "yeah sure"
Nurse - "When was your last blood test?"
me - "Never"
Nurse - "Really?"
me - "Yup"
Nurse - "I don't believe that"
me - "Nope, never had one before"
Nurse - "Are you sure? That's strange"
me (in my head) - "FOR CHRIST SAKES I SAID I NEVER HAD ONE BEFORE!"
me (out loud) - "Yeah, well I guess I'm just lucky"

...and then on with the little pinch. Little pinch my ass. Felt like cutting my arm with a freaking razor blade! If I ever decide to kill myself it will definitely not be with razor blades! Or needles! My arm still hurts. And supposedly that was a good nurse. At least I only have a little bruise. Apparently I'm just being a wuss. Oh well, it's done now. Hopefully never to be repeated. And I didn't cry, puke, or pass out! Yeah for me!

3 comments:

  1. You had the courage to admit publicly that you were scared. That's huge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Jennie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am scared of needles too, I have had them all my life and I am STILL not used to them.

    ReplyDelete