Wednesday, October 07, 2009

SUCCESS!!

Well, I did the run and lived to tell the story. The total raised as of run day was $785! So I set my goal at 7 miles.

Here is the elliptical in our basement.  Don't mind the mess!


Here is the air mattress in case I died!  And the TV to entertain me.  I caught up on all my Rescue Me episodes!


I tracked the mileage on the elliptical and the time on the IPod so I could keep track of the time per mile.  And the timer on the elliptical did not go high enough!

  And it starts!
 
 1 mile!  Still feeling good! And 27 minutes, not bad.
 
 Mile 2, still good.  Hmm...25 minutes, I guess I'm getting faster!
 
 3 miles!  Alright I'm feeling it a bit, still 3 seconds faster on this mile.  Craziness!
 
 Mile 4, faster still!?!  What the heck!  Oh well, for sure the next mile will be slower!  On to the 3rd episode of Rescue Me!
 
 Ugh! Mile 5! Wait a minute, only 24 and a half minutes? Look at me go!
 
Mile 6, can barely feel my legs anymore.  Don't know if I'll make 7 but I will do my best!  Hmmm...23 minutes and 24 seconds.  Cool!

 Yeah! I made it!  Somebody shoot me!  And check it out, 22 minutes 41 seconds!  The fastest mile of them all!  Craziness!  7 miles in 2 hours, 55 minutes.  Pretty good if you ask me!
 
 Here's the calorie count:
 
My legs still hurt and I have bruises on the tops of my feet and I've been sick ever since, but I'm glad I did it.  I raised a bunch of money and proved to myself that I could do it if I wanted to.  Excellent!  And surprisingly enough every mile I got a little faster.  Crazy!  Thanks for all your support!  It really meant a lot to me!  Hopefully it will help find a cure!

2 comments:

  1. Good job Jennie - I am proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY TO GO JENNIE!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS FREEKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!! You know what is crazy...you went 7 miles in 3 hours and that only burns 1330 calories....Isnt a Big Mac Meal like 1000 calories? That is nuckenfuts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete