Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Who are you and what have you done with my puppy??

Well, the trip to the vet was a complete success.  The day started by getting everything packed into the Escape: dog carrier, leash, piggy toy, chew toy, blanket, puppy.  Okay, all good.  Jodie is definitely an outdoor dog, and when you put an outdoor dog into a carrier (or any dog that isn't used to it) there is going to be a fuss.  She basically howled as loud as she can for about 20 minutes.  Then she finally went to sleep.  Just about to the office and I smell something that is, unfortunately, all to familiar: puppy puke!  Doh!  I was hoping she would sleep through the motion sickness but I guess I'm just not that lucky!  Although it was very lucky that I had thrown a role of paper towel into the truck.  Okay, it's not the first time and it won't be the last time I have to clean up puppy puke.  Got to work and visited for a while.  She was very good!  No biting or barking or chewing on the leash, strange.  Then back in the truck to head to the vet, which is about a 5 minute drive, yup, more puke.  Clean it up again and go to the vet.  Everyone was super nice, including Jodie.  She even went to sleep on the exam table!  Really!  Where's the biting and barking puppy I live with!?!  The exam went really well and they even gave her a little puppy package with a new toy!  She didn't even cry when she got her shot.  Although I think I was much more nervous then her!  Then she was ready to go.  Went to visit the other half and show here off at his work (where she laid down on the floor and just went to sleep).  She then decided she was too tired to walk back to the truck so I carried her :o)  And she slept all the way home (no puke!).  A few days later the vet clinic sent Jodie a welcome card!  Very nice of them.  We will be back again at the beginning of May for a booster shot.  Hopefully she's over the motion sickness by then!

1 comment:

  1. thats awesome that it went so good...other then the puking that is

    ReplyDelete