I recently attended several birthday parties. Everyone has so much stuff nowadays that it's really either gift card or something hand-made for gifts. There really is no point blogging about gift cards so here are the hand-made ones.
I whipped up a couple dish clothes for one. I had asked what her favorite color was and she said she really liked the blue and yellow in her kitchen, perfect!
One of the balls of yarn had a pattern for this bag. I knew that this person liked to go to the farmer's market and stuff so I decided to try it out with the leftover yarn from the dish clothes. I think it turned out pretty good and would be very handy for carrying fruits or vegetables. And because it's made out of the cotton yarn, you can just throw it in the wash if it gets dirty! It came out a little smaller then I had hoped but pretty good for a first time.
The second gift was for a chick that is currently trying to become a vet and loves frogs. I came across these cute fellows in a magazine and just had to make them.
Everyone seemed pleased with their gifts. Cheap, easy, and mostly useful! Just the way I like it :o)







Your dishcloths urned out really nice. I've made both patterns in sugar and cream cotton. Have you noiced the huge price increase in cotton yarn over the past year?
ReplyDelete