Friday, November 21, 2008

Some People Just Don't Care

Why would you even want to work at a job you don't care about? I can see if you need the money, but then go work at McDonalds or Wendy's or something. Don't trash the stuff other people actually care about. When I started my job 7 years ago (7 years!?! Where did that go?) I didn't take a holiday for 2 years and I didn't miss a day of work in the first year. I wanted this job and I wanted everyone to know that I wanted it and that I really cared about being able to work here. That just doesn't happen any more. Half the time people don't show up for work and they don't listen to what you try to tell them to help them learn. Doesn't seem to matter how many times I tell these people the way it works around here, they just don't listen. People higher up then me have even told them and they still don't listen. What is so hard to understand about "PAIR PROGRAMMING EVERYTHING" or "IF IT'S NOT MINOR DON'T DO IT BY YOURSELF"????? I just don't get it. It's like they are totaly oblivious to anyone else and they are all hot shit and they know everything and don't need to listen to anyone else. How can you do that? How can you just start a job and asume you can do whatever you want? That is not a good first impression and it's all about the first impression. If you screw that up, that's it. At least pretend like you want to try to be good at your job. If you can't do that, then get lost. And on top of everything, they still get paid. And probably the same as the rest of us who work our asses off because we want to be here and truely care about the company and the software. Maybe we're the ones that have it all wrong. Apparently these people have figured out how to get paid to do nothing. Must be nice for them since the rest of us are left doing our own work and theirs.

Ahhh...that's better.

No comments:

Post a Comment