Thursday, July 30, 2009

I don't want to be the calmer-downer

I heard a comedian do a sketch about how with couples if one person is freaking out the other person automatically adopts the role of "calmer-downer". I think I found it so funny because it is 100% true. If I start having a breakdown or start freaking out, my better half becomes the calmer. If he starts having a breakdown or starts freaking out, then I become the calmer. It's a great setup, until you both need to have a breakdown, then what. Seems like whoever gets to it first gets to have it and the other person just gets robbed and is stuck being the calmer. I guess we could take turns, but that seems kind of strange. Once the "breakdown" moment has passed, it feels a little useless to have it. Sometimes you end up having a delayed breakdown and then the other person is like "aren't you over it yet, it's been forever". I guess it's everyone for themselves and whoever gets there first gets to have the breakdown and/or freak-out and the other will just have to wait till next time. I think I'm going to have to do some practicing :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment