Monday, August 31, 2009

Alrighty Then

So, despite the fact that no one commented on the last post, I'm doing the run. I'm not sure if no one said anything because they think it's a bad idea or they just really couldn't care less. No matter. I'm doing it anyway.

I'm doing the Virtual Run Site because the 4th is my godson's 2nd birthday so I will actually be doing the run on the 3rd in my basement on my elliptical. The run is an hour and a half. You can do either 1K or 5K (or 3.3 miles). I will be aiming for the 3.3 miles. Although, after talking to a few people, I should be able to do much more then that in an hour and a half. So I guess I have a few options. Maybe for every $100.00 raised over $150 I will add a half a mile or something. My goal is $500 so if I reach it I will end up running about 5 miles. Sounds good to me. I had better start training!

I you would like to sponsor my run, you can click here or use the link on the right. Contributions of $20 or more will be eligible for a tax receipt. If you do not feel comfortable donating online, I can also take cash donations. Thanks for all your help!

4 comments:

  1. I'll definitely sponsor you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS PENNY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fully support you 100%. I will be honest, I am terrible and I generally don't donate to charity (I know that is terrible, but I am just being honest). But I consider you a friend, and I fully back you up. Consider yourself sponsored Jennie, you deserve it. Let us know how many miles u end up doing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Derek! Your support means a lot!

    ReplyDelete